Saturday, October 20, 2012

Trunk or Treat

We had a Fall Festival at church last Saturday.  So Jon and I wore our Renaissance costumes.  Who needs a Halloween costume when you have a Renaissance costume?  I never was into scary costumes, anyway.  I wore my unicorn and dragon puppets, and Jon wore Josiah's dragon puppet.  They were a hit with the kids there, and with some adults, too.  Some adults just thought they were creepy.


We also brought my "marble" posing bench to sit on for the Trunk or Treat part.  For those who may not know what a Trunk or Treat is, those participating decorate the backs of their cars (trunks or backs of vans, etc.) and hand out candy to the Trick or Treaters.  I used a stone wall decoration across the back seats, to keep the medieval theme, and I had a little ghost, with ceramic jack-o-lanterns, bat lanterns, and a candle holder with artificial candles in the back of my van.  I had the candy in a little bowl the ghost held, and a couple of spiderweb bowls.  You can't see my decorations, but here we are seated cozily on our bench, which was actually very comfortable.  It was much better than standing or sitting in the back of the van.


One of the best parts of the night, though, was having an excuse to play with my puppets in public.....and seeing everyone's reaction to them.

No comments: